Basil smells of "Summer" and is one of my favourite herbs. Using herbs has become my go-to strategy for making easy meals into elevated ones – a handful of fresh herbs can transform a simple pizza or pasta into something bright, flavorful, and delicious.
1. Top whole leaves onto a pizza (after cooking but while hot).
2. Finish pasta with whole or thinly sliced leaves (after cooking but while hot).
3. Blend it into sauces or salad dressing.
4. Puree it into soups -an essential ingredient for Minestrone Soup.
5. Chop it up to add to a salad.
6. Use it on avocado & toast.
7. Turn it into an ice cream topping! Jazz up vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries, basil, and a balsamic reduction.
8. Make pesto for pasta or zucchini noodles.
9. Add into a grilled cheese sandwich- or any sandwich!
10. Layer thinly sliced tomatoes, bocconcini cheese, and basil. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.